Sunday, December 6, 2009

Long lost members of my family...

My cousins (Don and Kelli)
The death of a family member can be the most trying time in a person’s life. A great deal of uncertainty and fear accompanies a loved one’s death, and coping with the exhausting grief of losing someone you love is overwhelming. At the very same time, you are called upon to make several important and difficult decisions, but sometimes with the bad comes good. I grew up not ever knowing my family. The social gatherings, the big holiday dinners or the summer reunions.... I never had. Always in the back of my mind and in my heart I wish I did.


My father has lost both of his brothers within 3 weeks of one another. I remember these guys when I was younger. I remember the fishing and camping trips, I remember certain moments vividly. Knowing you have the same blood as that other person, but not knowing them inside and out has given me a sense of emptiness at times. Times have come to pass and two of my family members are now with Christ, but like I said earlier.... with bad, comes good. You see, I have gotten to know part of my extended family. Through facebook and emails, I have found something I long ago lost. This is so exciting to me! As time passes, I hope this won't be something that will pass too. I hope to hold on to this tight and not ever let it go. Our life here on earth is so short and family has always been important to me. I am excited to see what the future brings to my growing family.

No comments: