Monday, February 2, 2009

Superbowl 2009

Steeler fans decked out in yellow and gold swarmed our house lastnight as the Superbowl party began. My husband wishing those colors were red and blue as he's a DIE hard NY Giants fan. I have to say.... I have been convicted to becoming a die hard fan myself, lasnight brought a different team to the plate. We were now standing behind those Cardinals! Living in Arizona for 5 1/2 years and attending NFL football games on many occasions, I couldn't help but to feel a little partial to them, besides it would be the first time in history EVER making it this far for their first Superbowl, it was a no brainer to root for the underdogs!

We had an awesome turn out of about 50 people, as people came into our home with Steeler paraphernalia, I either wanted to back hand them or rip off their shirts and hats. Yes, I have gotten into the game, heck I am married to a football freak!

It looks like Pittsburgh's defense shut down the passing game, the Steelers will walk away with another Super Bowl title. Our house got really loud as 143 million fans watched the superbowl, it seemed as though they were ALL in my house when the winning touchdown came from Santonio Holmes. The game was pretty much over by that point. The Cards choked!

Our house finally cleared out around 8pm and we were all exhausted, to my surprise.... everyone chipped in and helped get my house back in top shape before bolting. Here are a few great pictures of our night. My BFF and I kind of hogged the camera. That's what happens when you get a little tipsy I guess.
Steeler colored drink.... NOT!







1 comment:

Unknown said...

First off,love the new background,, very festive!
Looks like you had a fun time........I was helping my son root for the Cardinals, the game went past his bedtime, but he loved their rally and near win!!
You look great in your photos.