Wednesday, February 4, 2009

A FUN DAY AT THE ICE RINK....


I woke up this morning with an idea to take the kids roller skating. Jocelyn just had her 5th birthday yesterday and wanted so bad to go skating. She wanted to have her birthday party at the rollerskating rink and we (her daddy and I) just felt that she was a bit to young yet to have all of her little friends on skates with us being held responsible. So instead we are having her party here at the house with lots of games and decided to take her skating with just the family. The plans were to meet daddy at the rink during his lunch hour and have some family time. To our surprise.... the rink was closed until evening time. I didn't want to break the news to the kids as they would be so heart broken, so I decided to drive by and take a look at the Ice rink and wala.... we were just on time for open skate. PERFECT!
Even though daddy got busy with work and couldn't join us, we still had a blast and enjoyed ourselves even more at the Ice Rink. Our Cameron always shows his athletic skills doing something new. He was a pro and acted like he'd done this a million times over. It was all of our first time at this. As I sit here and type on the computer, my hands are still frozen and my eyes are droopy due to being worn out. I didn't think that Ice Skating took so much of your energy. This time around I didn't have my camera as it's in the repair shop and I didn't want to take my nice photography camera on the Ice so I was left with no other than my camera phone. So I apologize in advance for the washed out, blurred pictures. We had so much fun and hope to go back this weekend for some family fun with daddy!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are such a fun mom!
Happy Belated Birthday to Jocelyn! 5 is a sweet age.