Friday, October 24, 2008

Taekwando Class!

So I signed Jocelyn up for Taekwondo about a month ago. It took me quite a while to get her in class because she wasn't wanting to wear the "white" karate uniforms. Yep, my daughter wanted "PINK". Imagine that. Well, I finally got her coaxed with promising her gymnastics or ballet if she participated in class. So I had to stick to my word and as of last week she is signed up for gymnastics.

She has been in Taekwondo for a little while now and loves it. Completely threw me for a loop as I didn't think she would like it. She just passed her test for her yellow/green belt. One belt up from her white. We are so very proud of her.


She had to show her "forms" and break a board to earn her next belt. She remembered her forms and did a great job! Now for her board breaking skills, LOL I have to admit I was a little concerned that she wouldn't be able to break that board with her "karate" kick. Well it took her 5 trys before it broke. I was so proud of her! She looked at me in the stands for "My" approval before any reaction and as I smiled, she smiled. I blew her a kiss and told her great job with my thumbs up. At that time she knew she had just made mommy proud and started jumping up and down in excitement.

1 comment:

d@gmarrs said...

way to go Josie, we're so very proud of you. We love and miss you