Friday, December 24, 2010

Making a list.....Checking it twice.

This holiday season has been filled with craziness! Running here and running there! I'll take a Cafe-mocha-vodka latte with a double dose of valium, TO GO please! haha.  Kidding of coarse, but that's just how crazy my life has been since the day black friday hit!  I do however LOVE the holidays, but this year for some reason, I just can't get into the holiday spirit.  Maybe it snuck up on me to fast this time.   I seem to want to run people over VS giving them that holiday smile.  Hmmm.  Getting our Christmas tree really did help the mood a little bit, but can I just say?!? I can't wait till its OVER with?  Hey....I did decorate my house too you know.  We finished up our shopping a few days ago, the same day we started it. HAHA  This year is going to be primarily focused on the kids, and that's okay because it's suppose to be all about the kids anyhow.  After all....I do have a lot to be thankful for, the most precious gifts already have been given to me, therefore, Christmas is going to be a day to recognize and be thankful for my beautiful, healthy children, my wonderful, yet stubborn hubby (Love you honey!) and all of the other amazing gifts in my life.  Many of us tend to put these gifts on the back burner to stand in line for the next big gifted item! Don't get me wrong....I love to buy for my kids, but there are limits in our family and our children are taught the meaning of the holiday, the meaning of the Christmas tree, the candy cane and most important....The DAY Jesus was born.
Tomorrow, we celebrate the birth of Jesus. I hope many of you can settle down to recognize this day and why we celebrate it.  I leave you with some of my favorite pictures of our decorations.  God bless you all and have a safe and happy holiday season.



No comments: