Monday, June 7, 2010

Birthday Weekend!

This weekend I celebrated my Birthday.  Why is it when were younger we can NOT wait for our birthdays to get here, and when we reach a certain age..... we HATE them?!? Is it because that "one" year really makes it's mark? Like, really.... are we going to wake up with 5 extra wrinkles and 10 more gray hairs? Overnight? Well, maybe!  I woke up a little depressed I have to add.  I mean, c'mon.... 37? Are you serious? I know, I know. I'm going to be looking back on this 10 years from now wondering just WHAT was going through my head.  I am now one year closer to 40! I don't feel a day past 20! okay, maybe 30! LOL

So anyhow, I woke up on the morning of my birthday.  The husband had to go in to work for a few hours, so it was just the kids and I.  I knew my kids were up to no good as they snuck into the kitchen.  Kids are so funny, they were trying so hard to be quiet, but I knew what they were up to.  10 mins later in they came with 2 pieces of buttered toast with a half melted candle stuck right in the middle.  It was the SWEETEST thing! Of coarse, the dog got the toast once they left the room, but I just really set the mood for my day.  I have the sweetest kids ever. 

Upon getting up out of bed, my husband had done the sweetest thing too! In our master bath he had flower petals all over the floor and sink with "I love you" and "Happy Birthday" written WITH MY LIPSTICK on the bathroom mirror.  Okay ladies..... We all know that, that's a BIG NO-NO! But, I couldn't scold him this time around, well..... after looking at my flat lipstick, okay, I was nice.

Walking the house, my husband had left flower petals all over the house, heavy in the places he knew I went to the most.  The Coffee Pot, computer, TV etc...  So I couldn't complain.  I am very much thought of and loved and that's all I need.  AND it was absolutely BEAUTIFUL outside! What more can a woman ask for?  Oh and did I mention? I have the BEST of friends too!  I got a few beautiful gifts, cards and a nice lunch with my girls on Friday.  It was so nice!

This coming weekend my husband and family are going to the beach for the day for my belated birthday gift.  I am very excited about that.  I can't wait!

No comments: