Thursday, February 11, 2010

Nitro Girl!!!

Why on earth will my daughter ride a dirt bike, but my son wants nothing to do with it?!? This is the question I have been asking myself for two days now. Grrr Is my daughter going to be the ultimate "Tom Boy"? I am fearful about this. The other day Jocelyn went over to her little friends house down the street for a play date and the dad, AKA Tim called me up and asked me if it would be okay for her to ride on their "dirt bike". Thinking in my head and "knowing" (so I thought I knew) that there would be NO way on this earth that she would even consider getting on a dirty ol dirt bike. Let alone having to wear "boys" clothes to do it. LOL I mean after all.... My daughter is FULL on "girl". When I say GIRL... I mean full on make-up, having to have her hair perfect for school; the whole nine yards. Well, the pictures prove that she indeed got on this dirt bike and rode WITH riding gear on AND got crazy doing it! Her idea by the way. What the heck? Is she deserting the curls for a helmet now?
I asked her if she liked riding and she about went into convulsions answering the question, so I take it's a YES! She told me that she even wanted RED riding gear for when "daddy" buys her a bike! Hmmmmm okay! Not if I have anything do say about that. LOL It's nice to have diversity, but C'mon, I don't want to lose my little girl to a fricken DIRT BIKE! Some of you by now are probably cracking up, but I'm kinda taking this serious. My husband tells me that we can buy PINK riding gear for her, but she wants RED! Ohhh geeze! Well I guess as long as she wears makeup, has her hair curled under that helmet and has pretty nails that might be okay. Can we put heels on those boots too??? I just wish my son had her enthusiasm about riding, but he's got better things to do these days I suppose. ha!





4 comments:

Oregon Mom said...

Ry LOVES riding more than Chandler too! So funny! She rides the heck out of the 250- she has little pink riding clothes- sooo cute! I don't think there is any need to worry- she isn't a tom boy- just a really cool girl!!! Just like RY!!

My New Life As Mom said...

Hey!! There's nothing wrong with getting dirty with pink nails!! ha ha

Christie said...

That is pretty cool!!

Anonymous said...

That is cute!!!