Friday, January 8, 2010

Feeling a little lost these days....


With this terrible Economy comes a lot of frustration, anxiety, heartache and STRESS! Knowing that "I" am not alone is a tiny bit comforting, but even more scary at times. When is this world going to change for the better? I am sure that question is on a lot of Americans minds. My husband and I own an Auto Body shop business, and even though we are holding our own, it's still very scary! Anything at any given time could happen and we would literally lose everything we own.
How does one secure their prized possessions? We are told the credit crisis is over and recovery is on it's way. Do you really believe that? Right now, as of today... it is projected that another, YES another 300 companies will default on debt in 2011! That's a default rate of 14 percent! That's up from 2007! That does NOT sound like recovery to me!?! Any debates here? Now, for us, we are up against the odds here! Talk about SCARY!
Where do we go from here? Keep truckin away, with no protected assets, living day by day with HOPES of paying our bills tomorrow? I have hopes and dreams too! My dream is to do something with photography... something of my own. I can not justify deeming MORE debt to our already overloaded laps. I know first hand what it takes to start a business, and believe you me... it isn't easy!
I don't think I have been more lost at any other given time. I know it's this economy, and we have all been given empty promises for a brighter future. Is there really light at the end of the tunnel? Predictions on the bad economic times go on for a few years yet. How in the world are people going to survive until then?
So these are my concerns in a nut shell. It may not make a lot of sense, it may make all the sense in the world. I think as people, these are the times we really need to pull together to make things happen. If we do this... we will be remembered not for the brilliance of our decisions but for the compassion with which we make them. Great thought eh? These may be the years, we have to just get creative. I love this quote: "Tough times never last, but tough people do". It's very easy to get wrapped up in the everyday "worldly" stresses, but if we were to put all of our problems in a pile, I guarantee we'd pull ours back out.
Keeping positive is the key to overcoming our barriers. ;)

No comments: