Saturday, December 13, 2008

Having fun with photo's!

Okay.... with lots of thought and prayer and so many people coming up and telling me just how good the pictures that I take are; I have decided that I am going to pursue my dream of photography. My ultimate goal is to have a studio up and runing within 2 years. I have alot of work ahead of me and alot of classes I need to take ALONG... with buying equipment. I have given myself this much time to get prepared and do it the right way.

I am studying and reading all about camera's, different lenses, the art of photography and most of all.... learning photoshop and the different creative touches I can have fun with on a picture. I can set myself apart from others by learning this not so simple technique.


I took this picture of my daughter so I could have a picture to play around with on photoshop. Mind you that this is my very first attempt at anything like this. In the past I have just touched up pictures by softening them, adding frames, cloning, etc....


So in this current picture, the original was color. I took it to Black & White and added color to her cheeks and lips. I colored her eyes slightly blue. I sharpened the tone of the picture by adding white around her face, which brings out depth. I added a gradient back drop for added texture.


So... Tell me what you think! I am curious to know as I have a VERY long way to go. I don't think I did to bad for my first time however.


Below is a before and after photo of my creation. The first picture is a raw picture. Yes, my daughter has a healing black eye. I also cloned that out of the picture as well.


Take care.

No comments: